Thursday 19 November 2009

Twin Cities Scene

I cannot even pretend to keep up with the local scene. I cannot even keep up with the three posts on this page. There is so much going on and I am completely removed from it in both time and space.

Our local radio station The Current (www.mpr.org) can be streamed and is excellent. They don't play too much Griptongue but for lighter fare it is very satisfying.

Among the excellent Twin Cities acts that should be gaining wider attention is P.O.S. (http://www.myspace.com/pos) He has roots in punk/rock but is among the most talented rappers I've heard (i.e. not that many); his rhyme chops are superb.

I bought the Audition album which has 3-4 really good tracks. The single Savion Glover off the newer release Never Better references Bed for the Scraping off our mutual favorite Red Medicine.

2 comments:

  1. by mutual favorite, i assume you mean yours and nate's. i'll take my medicine any day, but i can't put it at number 1. here's a good idea for a blog: fugazi album superiority argument.

    ReplyDelete
  2. re: p.o.s., anyone who titles an album "ipecac neat" is ok in my book.

    ReplyDelete